Join Our Amazing Team
We have an incredible team located in several parts of the world. Our most valuable assets at BAM are our people, and we would like to keep bringing the absolute best to our team.
Check our Glassdoor Page to see what our team has to say!
About Our Company
Born Again Media is a performance marketing company dedicated to developing quality websites that achieve high organic traffic and consistent revenue growth.
Our primary focus is delivering high-quality content, A/B testing, and using other tools that help generate optimal leads and increased conversion rates. Our SEO and CRO specialists analyze data, markets, and competitors to create and implement effective online marketing strategies. Our operations are largely supported by our incredible teams of copywriters, programmers, graphic designers, animators, People Operations, and others.
Our portfolio consists of several owned websites and is steadily growing. That means we work for ourselves, not clients allowing for the freedom and flexibility of our remote work policy.
At Born Again Media, we believe in a positive, high performing workplace where growth, empowerment, and improvement are our goals. Our vision is to become the number one provider of leads in any market we enter.
In a world full of websites with misleading content, our mission is to create honest content that we can be proud of.
What We Offer
- Work from your own house
- Full-time position with flexible hours
- Competitive salary package
- Healthcare + Dental + Vision coverage
- Retirement plan with 4% company match
- Education Allowance
- Fitness Allowance
- A yearly company retreat (all expenses paid)
- Home office allowance
- Coworking space allowance
- And more!
About The Position
The VPFAA is responsible for 4 key functions: management and leadership, finance, accounting, and account management. The VPFAA will manage the people, processes, information and financial relationships that enable and empower coordinated, sustainable and non-linear growth.
In this role, the VPFAA will act as a member of the Executive Leadership Team to drive the business strategy, steward the culture and deliver growth and profitability. The ideal candidate will be a growth company athlete with a backbone of expertise in finance and accounting, someone for whom no job is too small or too big.
The successful candidate will be multifaceted: quantitatively oriented and strategically minded, detailed and organized, a team player, and a wise negotiator.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
Management and Leadership
Support all stakeholders, including Members, Managers, and employees with access to critical financial information
- Partner with the CEO and other senior management in developing and executing operational priorities.
- Develop a high-performance team, using dedicated, contract, and ad hoc resources as needed to meet the Company’s targets, culture, and values
- Drive a data-driven, learning culture, unafraid to use informed decision making to take calculated risks
- Drive data continuity and discipline, facilitating automated and self-service resources, support the development of financial literacy and awareness across the company
- Prepare, present and oversee budgeting and forecasting that aligns financial performance with strategic and operational objectives across the company
- Oversee all financial planning and analysis, collaborating across the company to set KPIs, identify opportunities, and mitigate risk
- Oversee cash, cash flow, capital structure, assets, and all banking processes and relationships in alignment with strategic goals
- Identify, develop and execute analysis of new opportunities and initiatives, providing insight and recommendations on returns and risks
- Own financial reporting. Coordinate and prepare periodic (monthly, quarterly, annual, and ad hoc) reports that deliver information that drives effective decision making
- Oversee the selection, implementation, and management of all tools that touch financial data.
Accounting and Account Management
- Ensure timely and accurate financial information across the Company
- Ensure the Company meets all compliance and accounting standards
- Assume full responsibility for the company’s financial functions, including the accounting team, accounting systems, policies, and processes, tools and controls
- Oversee efficient and accurate preparation of periodic financial statements
- Oversee all transactions related to general accounting, including AP/AR and payroll
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting is delivered across the company and facilitate audits or 3rd party requests as needed
- Oversee accounting, international and domestic payroll, benefits and insurance, 401k program, tax, and audit preparation
- Act as the most senior account manager, designing productive and profitable relationships with our partners.
- Develop and implement a business development/account management strategy, including the development of internal team resources.
- Oversee the strategy, negotiation and management of affiliate relationships in partnership with Senior Leaders and Site Managers.
- Ensure affiliate relationships and agreements are in line with the Company’s overall goals and objectives.
The applicant must have experience overseeing finance and accounting activities/teams, ideally in a dynamic growth environment where the nature of the work is flexibility, initiative, ownership and attention to detail. The ability to act as a true partner in accomplishing objectives, lead and build teams, troubleshoot, manage relationships, and create foundational systems in a dynamic environment is key. The company is fully remote and asynchronous, demanding the development of processes that are designed for and effective in this environment.
We're looking for someone with:
- 10+ years of related experience and 5+ years in a Senior Finance/Accounting/Ops role reporting to (or as) a Senior Executive
- Experience with rapidly growing companies of 30+ people and $10+mm Revenue
- Deep expertise in FP&A: building and tracking against a 3-statement financial model; overseeing planning processes; setting and managing annual department budgets, etc.
- Strong knowledge of corporate finance, accounting principles, and practices, including GAAP
- Familiarity with international business, digital currencies, international banking highly preferred
- Deep knowledge of Microsoft Excel + Office; accounting software including tools such as QuickBooks, Expensify and Bill.com
- A high degree of leadership maturity: you build strong cross-functional relationships; engage in productive conflict; and gain the respect of your peers by having hard, intellectually-honest conversations; you can influence without reliance on authority/rank
- A business "athleticism" that enables you to do what needs to be done
- Finance and/or accounting degree preferred
- Excellent presentation and written communication skills